Spicy Chicken and Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1-1/2 cups julienned green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cooked yolk-free noodles
- Fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the chicken, green peppers, onion and garlic in oil until chicken juices run clear. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 548 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1069mg sodium, 85g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 9g fiber), 42g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 4, 2013
Made it without the green pepper only because I didnt have any. My husband and I loved it! Can't wait to make it again with green pepper.
Apr 5, 2011
My family really enjoys this! I've made it several times.
Mar 27, 2011
This has become a favorite at our house. You can add all the peppers you want without adding to the fat content and we love the peppers. I often use multicolored peppers and servre if over rice.
Aug 12, 2008
Try this over rice or a pasta. Sugar really isn't always necessary