Roasted Lime Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 roasting chicken (6 to 7 pounds)
- 4 medium limes, cut into wedges
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1/4 cup marinade; pour remaining marinade into a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. Place lime wedges inside the cavity. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. Place chicken breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush reserved marinade over chicken.
- Bake at 350° 2-1/2 to 2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 165°. Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked chicken: 341 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 17, 2014
This was very good and moist. Skin did brown quickly so had to use the foil as suggested. I was only able to fit about 3 1/2 limes in the cavity but my chicken was only about 5 lbs.
Apr 1, 2013
We love all the flavor the lime, honey and herbs give to this chicken. You won't be disappointed.
Feb 20, 2013
Great flavor and super easy to make! I served it with extra slices of lime. I would recommend this!
Jan 27, 2013
I confess I didn't even have time to marinate the chicken and the recipe still came out great- I rubbed the marinade in under the skin on top of the skin and placed citrus slices under the skin poured the remainder in the cavity - used the drippings for gravy too was worried the citrus in the gravy would be a turn off but everyone liked the gravy.
Jan 21, 2013
I did this for a large family meal and everyone loved it.
Jan 13, 2013
We halved the recipe for use with a Cornish Game Hen and grilled the hen on an Alder plank for just over an hour. Skin a bit dark. The meat was delicious with the herb, lime and a slightly smokey taste. We would definitely make this juicy, delicious recipe again. Thank you