Honey-Lime Roasted Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 whole roasting chicken (5 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Carefully loosen the skin from the entire chicken. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, honey, mustard, salt and cumin.
- Using a turkey baster, baste under the chicken skin with 1/3 cup lime juice mixture. Tie drumsticks together. Pour remaining lime juice mixture over chicken.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, 2-2-1/2 hours. (Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly.) Let stand for 10 minutes before carving. If desired, remove and discard skin before serving.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked chicken: 294 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Nov 26, 2013
Mmmm, this was fantastic several years ago. I'm purging my saved mags & entering much-loved recipes into my box.
May 22, 2012
tried it again with injecting the lime sauce, very tender and delicous. will use the leftovers in tomorrows mexican dish
Mar 8, 2010
Was good but not a family pleaser
Jul 2, 2009
This recipe is delicious. I actually inject the meat with the lime juice mixture and it creates the moistest meat you've ever tasted!