Honey & Spice Baked Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes5 servings plus 3 cooked chicken breast halves
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first six ingredients; rub over chicken. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Combine honey and vinegar; baste over chicken during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Save three chicken breast halves for Chicken Chimichangas (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast: 210 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Mar 5, 2018
Yummy. I won’t cook it quite as long next time. Was a little dry, but still excellent. Doubling the sauce is a great idea and since I’m not into spicy dishes, I only used a pinch of cayenne .
Feb 14, 2018
Wow! The sauce that this creates is amazing! I was afraid that this might be a little too spicy for my grandson, but he devoured this dish. It will be in my regular rotation from now on. I wouldn't change a thing in this recipe!
Sep 10, 2017
I thought the spices on this were very good, but if I make it again I think I will double the sauce. I think it would have been tastier with a little more glaze but over all a very good simple recipe!
Mar 26, 2017
Pretty good flavor.
Mar 11, 2017
Such a delicious and healthy dish!
Jan 12, 2017
If you like dry rub on chicken, this one's for you!
Sep 3, 2016
I really liked the spice and honey flavor combo. I did change it up just slightly - I cooked the chicken and sauce in a skillet (with chicken cut in chunks) to speed up the cooking process. We really liked it. It was great served with a side of steamed veggies.
Apr 30, 2016
I thought this was tasty. I will decrease the amount of chili pepper next time for my taste. My whole family enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to make too.
Dec 31, 2015
This was awesome. I put the rub and basting sauce on pork chops as oppose to chicken. My husband said they were the best pork chops he's ever had. If you brown the chicken/chops in a cast iron skillet prior to putting in the oven, you get a lovely caramelization on the meat.
Dec 2, 2015
I wondered If anyone has tried this without the honey and vinegar I thought it smelled really delicious when I open the oven to add the sauce
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.