Honey Lemon Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 179 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Jul 10, 2016
Great flavor and very popular in our household!
Apr 18, 2016
Excellent taste! Loved it and will make it again!
May 23, 2014
Loved this! The marinade was quick to whip up & the chicken was full of flavor!
May 11, 2012
This recipe was outstanding! I made it a couple weeks ago and I'm making it again tonight. My husband and the kids raved about it (ages 2, 3, and 6)! Used the leftovers for grilled chicken salad the next day. I could eat this every day and just change the side dishes I'd use! So yummy!
Jun 27, 2011
I had recently bought a lot of chicken breasts and used this recipe as a freezer meal. I prepared the marinade in a ziplock bag, added the chicken breasts and froze. We pulled it out the other day to defrost (in the marinade) and then put them on the grill. The flavor of the marinade was delicious! Not too overpowering, but very good. I will definately be using this one again!
Nov 28, 2009
Great recipe for chicken on the grill. My husband and I loved it!
Oct 8, 2009
SO easy to prepare that night before. Quick to grill. Tastes wonderful!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.