- 1 medium lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil, divided
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Finely grate enough peel from lemon to measure 2 teaspoons. Cut lemon in half; squeeze juice from one half. Set aside. Slice one garlic clove; place sliced garlic, 2 tablespoons basil and the remaining lemon half in the chicken cavity.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; rub with reserved lemon juice. Mince remaining garlic; combine with butter and reserved lemon peel. Rub mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining basil.
- Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°. Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
1 serving: 282 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.