Lemon Mushroom Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time; shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add 1/3 cup broth to the pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the remaining flour and broth until smooth; stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in lemon juice. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce: 213 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Feb 14, 2015
Easy, good flavor, not dry which are important factors to consider with anything you cook.
Feb 2, 2015
Jun 21, 2013
I make this recipe a lot and my family loves it!!!!! Delicious!
Jun 27, 2012
Quick, easy, and healthy recipe. Will definitely make again!
May 11, 2012
Delicious, easy, low cal
May 10, 2011
Apr 5, 2010
I jazzed this up by adding poultry seasoning to the flour coating, adding minced garlic to the pan with the chicken, and a splash of white wine todeglaze the pan. I also used 1 cup broth instead of 1/3 cup. This was easy and delicious. Everyone liked it.
Mar 24, 2010
Lemon mushroom chicken is a simple and incredibly easy dish to make and one my family simply loves. It's a keeper and one we'll be making many more times.
Feb 20, 2008
Feb 20, 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.