Lemon Mushroom Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large shallow dish, combine 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, 1 piece at a time; turn to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Add 1/3 cup broth to the pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the remaining flour and broth until smooth; stir into the mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes Stir in lemon juice. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce: 213 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 18, 2020
New way to make chicken! We both loved the flavors and my husband suggested this be in the weekly rotation. I listened to several other cooks and used lots butter and broth to make plenty of gravy. Very easy to make.
Jan 16, 2020
Made this excellent dish for supper tonight. Easy to assemble. I added a little more butter and broth to the sauce when it thickened up too much. Sprinkled some chopped scallions on top. Yum. Will definitely make this again. Hubby loved it, too. We are both trying to lose weight. Didn't feel deprived with this dish.
Nov 4, 2019
This was awesome! The chicken was very tender and I liked the zing from the lemon juice. The only thing I did was to add more chicken broth to the flour mushroom mixture because it looked like floured mushrooms with no gravy.
Oct 31, 2019
My favorite restaurant has this on the menu. Love it!! I would use cornstarch in place of flour to make a clear sauce, serve broccoli to add color AND add more mushrooms.
Oct 30, 2019
I make something just like this only I completely omit the flour, butterfly the chicken in half and then pound each piece who's now doubles the amount of chicken. I add heavy cream along with a little parmesan (keto) and Italian spices. Sweet cheeses it is delicious and it's actually what I'm having for dinner tonight.
May 13, 2019
I haven't made it yet, but based on the reviews, it needs more lemon flavor. I love lemon flavor, and this is what I would do: Try adding a teaspoon of grated lemon peel to the flour mixture before coating the chicken or to the sauce itself, or both. That way the sauce stays thicker and doesn't thin out with more added liquid.
May 6, 2019
This was only a 3 star dis for us. Not very lemony, and all one color. It did taste pretty good, just not like I expected from the name. I will probably make it again, but will increase the amount of lemon juice, and add something to punch up the eye appeal. VFE
May 5, 2019
I haven't made this yet but as someone else mentioned, shouldn't there be more Lemon Juice ?
Apr 24, 2019
This recipe looks yummy, however, am I the only one missing the quantity of lemon juice needed?
Apr 23, 2019
This sounds like a really great dinner but I'm having a difficult time figuring out how much lemon juice to add. Did I miss something?