Mushroom & Herb Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. In a small bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, water, chives, mustard, lemon-pepper, salt, garlic salt, rosemary and thyme; pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast with 1/3 cup sauce (calculated without noodles): 228 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 31, 2017
Very good dish! Easy enough to make on a busy weeknight without having to do a lot of prep work.
Jan 1, 2013
I cut the chicken in strips. Other than that I followed the recipe as written.