- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet red pepper (2-in. pieces)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin
- 2 cups white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the spinach and red pepper; cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the Swiss cheese, bread crumbs, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Carefully loosen chicken skin on one side of each chicken breast half to form a pocket; stuff with spinach mixture. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a small saucepan, bring wine or broth to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until reduced to 1 cup. Slowly whisk in cream and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes. Spoon over chicken.
1 stuffed chicken breast: 483 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 44g protein.