Creamy Mushroom Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour and stir until coated. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining cheese. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 309 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Dec 28, 2014
Combines two of my favorites, chicken and mushrooms. So delicious!The mushrooms and Parmesan make a wonderful sauce for noodles, rice or mashed potatoes!
Oct 21, 2013
Served over rice Pilaf... was fantastic! I've also used the sauce as a substitute for a healthier MSG free cream of mushroom soup!
Jul 13, 2011
Such a flavorful dish. Even my son who doesn't eat mushrooms at it. Would make this again.
Jan 28, 2010
very good and quick. I like the flavors and the fact that it can go with either pasta or mashed potatoes. Thanks again for another quick evening meal!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.