Stuffed Chicken Breast with Mushroom Sauce
"Baked in a creamy mushroom sauce, this easy entree is nice for a special family dinner," says Dolores Kastello of Waukesha, Wisconsin. "I serve this dish with rice, asparagus and a tossed salad."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute pecans in butter until lightly browned; add to the stuffing.
- Place 1/2 cup stuffing down the center of each chicken breast half; roll up and secure with a toothpick. Place seam side down in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- Spoon soup over chicken; sprinkle with remaining stuffing. Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove toothpicks.
Originally published as Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Quick Cooking May/June 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.