Baked Mushroom Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° until chicken is no longer pink, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 311 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Nov 17, 2019
DELICIOUS!!! Made tonite for dinner and my Husband and I really enjoyed the chicken!! I added some koser salt, ground pepper and garlic powder to the flour before dredging the chicken. Will definitely make again for the whole family for our Sunday get togethers.
Oct 31, 2019
AWESOME!!! This recipe is definitely a must for keeping. I did add more mushrooms and I salted, peppered, and added garlic to the chicken breast before flouring. This would also be great for dinner guests. Thanks SO mush for sharing!
Oct 27, 2019
It SAYS in the top line of the Ingredients that you need, and I quote "4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)" for this recipe.
Oct 27, 2019
For Barry! Here’s the answer to your question......4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound). Read the next time!! Thank you!!
Oct 20, 2019
Recipe ingredient list does not include amount of chicken. How many breasts?
Oct 15, 2019
When do you put in the green onions and the cheese you have listed in your ingredients? They are not in your Directions.
Oct 13, 2019
Awesome!! I have made this a couple of times... I use WAY more mushrooms and chicken broth so I have lots to add to each chicken. I also add garlic and use shredded parmesan - THIS is SOOOO good!!!
Jun 14, 2019
I liked this recipe. Used boneless chicken thighs and yellow onions. I sauteed the onions before I browned the chicken. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing.
May 30, 2019
I thought it was absolutely delicious. I did make one change. So I wouldn’t have to pound the chicken, I used boneless skinless thighs. Everything else I followed to the letter. Will definitely make again.
May 17, 2019
I haven't made this dish yet but just needed to speak my peace. When I read reviews I look for whether it was good, bad or just so so. When people start saying they made it but they added this or deleted that then I kind of just skip over that recipe. Maybe if you have to make a lot of changes you could just enter a new recipe?