Baked Mushroom Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 311 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
May 19, 2018
*I made this last night for our girls' game night dinner and everyone loved it! Doubled the mushrooms and butter they were sauted in and used 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup sherry for more sauce on the chicken. Served it with steamed broccoli and rice. Excellent! I will definitely make this again!
May 18, 2018
I added a small halved and sliced Vidalia onion to the mushroom saute. I used the entire container of sliced Baby Bella mushrooms, maybe 2 cups. Rather than dirty an 11 x 17 pan I added the chicken breast back to my heavy saute pan, spooned the lovely mushroom and onion sauce over and baked. Moist and perfectly done at 15 minutes. Oops, I forgot to add the grated cheese but didnt miss it..
May 17, 2018
Excellent, fast and easy! Used extra mushrooms and instead of pounding chicken, just sliced into two thin breasts. Very flavorful and moist. Keeper!
May 16, 2018
May 16, 2018
I've made this several times. Delicious and like the idea of dry sherry instead of broth...will definitely try that next time.
Feb 14, 2018
Omit the salt and use low or no sodium broth. Plenty of salt in the cheese. Your ankles will thank you.
Feb 11, 2018
Original recipe was with Sherry not broth. Amazing!! Everyone loved made lots! Did add extra mushrooms
Feb 8, 2018
Last night was the first time making this dinner' It was fast due to the light browning on both sides of the chicken which comes out juicy after it's baked. It's easy since I prepared this before hand letting it sit in the broth until my family all arrived. Then 20 mins later at 350 degrees I removed it to add the 2 toppings along with spinach for iron then cooked it 5 more minutes and it was absolutely delicious! Even the kids loved this!Thank you Barbara for sharing ur great tasting recipe!
Jan 2, 2018
Makes a beautiful presentation over noodles.
Dec 18, 2017
Quick, easy and delicious just as recipe is written. Fresh mushrooms and scallions are a must!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.