Baked Mushroom Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° until chicken is no longer pink, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 311 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Oct 20, 2019
Recipe ingredient list does not include amount of chicken. How many breasts?
Oct 15, 2019
When do you put in the green onions and the cheese you have listed in your ingredients? They are not in your Directions.
Oct 13, 2019
Awesome!! I have made this a couple of times... I use WAY more mushrooms and chicken broth so I have lots to add to each chicken. I also add garlic and use shredded parmesan - THIS is SOOOO good!!!
Jun 14, 2019
I liked this recipe. Used boneless chicken thighs and yellow onions. I sauteed the onions before I browned the chicken. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing.
May 30, 2019
I thought it was absolutely delicious. I did make one change. So I wouldn’t have to pound the chicken, I used boneless skinless thighs. Everything else I followed to the letter. Will definitely make again.
May 17, 2019
I haven't made this dish yet but just needed to speak my peace. When I read reviews I look for whether it was good, bad or just so so. When people start saying they made it but they added this or deleted that then I kind of just skip over that recipe. Maybe if you have to make a lot of changes you could just enter a new recipe?
Jan 15, 2019
Made this the other night and it was delicious! I had a bit of Chardonnay that I added in. My husband liked it and the chicken was very moist. You really don’t need any added salt because of the cheeses. Great recipe!
Dec 6, 2018
This chicken is a hit with my family and for anyone I prepare it for. It is so very good.
May 19, 2018
*I made this last night for our girls' game night dinner and everyone loved it! Doubled the mushrooms and butter they were sauted in and used 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup sherry for more sauce on the chicken. Served it with steamed broccoli and rice. Excellent! I will definitely make this again!
May 18, 2018
I added a small halved and sliced Vidalia onion to the mushroom saute. I used the entire container of sliced Baby Bella mushrooms, maybe 2 cups. Rather than dirty an 11 x 17 pan I added the chicken breast back to my heavy saute pan, spooned the lovely mushroom and onion sauce over and baked. Moist and perfectly done at 15 minutes. Oops, I forgot to add the grated cheese but didnt miss it..