Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms until tender, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, cook chicken in remaining oil until bottom is browned, about 4 minutes. Turn chicken; top with mushrooms and remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, until chicken is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half: 363 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 10, 2019
Needs a ton more flavor.
Jun 16, 2018
If I could give it 0 stars, I would. This is literally so flavorless. I even used extra seasoning! The mushrooms are bland. The chicken has no flavor. The cheese doesn't even go well. The onions make no sense. The only thing good about this was the sides that I added myself. The people raving about this below are liars or have no taste buds.
Mar 3, 2018
This was delicious and so easy to make.
Mar 17, 2017
I made a half-batch of this recipe today, cooking it in an 8-inch cast iron skillet. I started by frying 2 chopped slices of bacon in the skillet, removing them for the topping and leaving some of the fat behind in place of the cooking oil. Very tasty and colorful!One caution: Today's chickens have bigger breasts. One boneless breast half weighed up at 10 ounces, making two generous servings.
Sep 12, 2016
Made this for the family tonight but used fresh mushrooms that I cooked up in the bacon grease. Some thought it was a little dry (they picked off the mushrooms) but I served it with a little chicken gravy and everyone was happy.
Nov 18, 2014
Quick easy and very very tasty
Sep 2, 2014
This dish was absolutely delicious. The only changes I made to the recipe was that I added 1-18 oz jar of chicken gravy, to make a richer sauce and I used real chopped bacon on top. My family is hooked! This will definitely be on our menu very often.
Jan 7, 2013
This has been a go-to recipe in my home for years; a frequent request of my husband and even my super picky children gobble this up. I use center cut bacon and reduced fat cheese to cut some of the fat.
Nov 26, 2012
this is an excellent recipe! so quick and easy, we will definitely make it again. i also substituted fresh mushrooms instead of canned. Very good!
Aug 12, 2012
So simple and fantastic. I use fresh mushrooms instead of canned.