Baked Chicken with Mushroom Gravy
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash paprika
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Pour melted butter into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; shake to coat. Place chicken, skin side down, in baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces; bake and additional 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onions and mushrooms in a nonstick skillet until tender. In a bowl, combine next five ingredients. Drain and discard chicken drippings. Cover chicken with onions, mushrooms and the soup mixture. Sprinkle with paprika. Reduce heat to 325° Cover and bake 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 800 calories, 50g fat (23g saturated fat), 229mg cholesterol, 1287mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 61g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 24, 2015
Delicious! The chicken had a nice crispy coating, the gravy was very good over mashed potatoes!
Oct 4, 2010
This is a simple recipe to make, I used chicken portions. My family loves it and I have served it to company. We like it with mashed potatoes