Beef in Mushroom Gravy
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak
- 1 to 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- Mashed potatoes, optional
- Cut steak into six serving-size pieces; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup mix, soup and water; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. If desired, serve with mashed potatoes.
- Freeze option: Place beef in freezer containers; top with gravy. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 241 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Jan 8, 2017
Baked in oven. 325 degrees . covered til tender 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Used only 1/2 pkg. of onion soup mix. with the mushroom soup and 1/2 cup water. good flavor and fork tender.
Dec 17, 2014
The steak was very tender and had great flavor, gravy was delicious over mashed potatoes!
Aug 23, 2014
this was okay. i think that fresh mushrooms would have added a wonderful fresh touch to this. but it was really qucik nd esy great for a last miite meal
Sep 10, 2012
This recipe is a regular at our house now. I also have changed the onion soup mix to beef onion soup mix and cooked with beef tips to service over egg noodles for beef tips and noodles. Equally as good.
Jun 5, 2012
This was delicious, inexpensive, and oh-so-easy! Everyone enjoyed the tender, flavorful beef. I'm sure you could use any cut of steak you liked, but the round steak cooked up nicely in my crockpot.
Jan 16, 2012
It was really good... But I used Cubed Steak instead of round steak.
Sep 7, 2011
Really good. I doubled the receipe and added a box of instant brown rice in the last 20 minutes. Loved it.
Apr 8, 2011
Mmmmmm - yummy! My husband and I loved this. Great crockpot recipe! There wasan't alot of fat in the meat I bought so the "gravy" wasn't swimming in it. Delicious!
Jan 12, 2011
I was half asleep this morning. First time Mom of newborn Twins. So I added a package of brown gravy mix not realizing til I checked the recipe to see how much water I needed. So I added a little extra water with it. Made it WONDERFUL!!
Aug 18, 2010
My family liked it, but I find it a bit salty...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.