Roast Beef with Mushroom Sauce
This recipe is a classic country dish. The sauce will become a mushroom lover's favorite.—Rev. Arthur Tiffen, Williamsfield, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 8 slices leftover cooked roast beef
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute 2-3 minutes. Stir in the flour and seasonings. Add broth and ketchup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes. Add beef and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 146 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Roast Beef with Mushroom Sauce in Country Woman May/June 1992
Jan 11, 2016
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. For quicker preparation, I used a package of already cooked roast beef from Costco and it was quick and delicious. This is good over potatoes or rice.