Beefy Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup cubed cooked roast beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth; gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the roast beef, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, salt, pepper sauce and onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Garnish with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 151 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 15, 2010
This will be a regular lunch item for me and a great cold weather meal for the whole family. Check out the calories!
Jan 17, 2009
Very good, just be careful on the dash of hot sauce. I used beef stew meat instead of roast beef and it turned out well.