Beefy Mushroom Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2/3 cup cubed cooked roast beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth; gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the roast beef, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, salt, pepper sauce and onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through. Garnish with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 180 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 15, 2010
This will be a regular lunch item for me and a great cold weather meal for the whole family. Check out the calories!
Jan 17, 2009
Very good, just be careful on the dash of hot sauce. I used beef stew meat instead of roast beef and it turned out well.