Chicken Parmesan with Mushrooms
This is a chicken recipe anyone will enjoy! The bubbly cheese is the perfect topping.—Nancy Foust, Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (7 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, soup mix and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.