Parmesan Chicken with Artichoke Hearts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 slices
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place chicken in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; drizzle with 1-1/2 teaspoons oil. In a small bowl, mix rosemary, thyme and pepper; sprinkle half over chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine artichoke hearts, onion, wine, garlic, remaining oil and remaining herb mixture; toss to coat. Arrange around chicken. Sprinkle chicken with cheese; top with lemon slices.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup artichoke mixture: 339 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 667mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 42g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jan 18, 2020
This is a good recipe. I cut back on the artichokes to one jar (9.9 oz) and added a handful of sugar plum grape tomatoes for some extra color. Yum!
Oct 2, 2018
I do not get to fix artichokes often so I was looking forward to making this when my husband was out of town. I enjoyed it. Next time I may cut back the artichokes to 1 can.
Jan 14, 2018
Loved it and added cherry tomatoes to it for added flavor.
Apr 6, 2017
I find Artichokes tasteless so I used Broccoli, Very good!!
Dec 20, 2016
I love artichokes so I gave this a try. It's pretty good. Will make again.
Aug 14, 2016
This was an easy to fix meal and very tasty. I added some partially cooked potato chunks and used marinated artichokes and some of the marinade in the jar to the recipe, Also salt the chicken and potatoes. One-dish meal - love it !!!
Mar 21, 2016
I had to double the baking time to get the chicken to 165. I substituted tarragon for the rosemary as I realized I was out of rosemary while preparing the dish. Flavor was very good. It was very easy prep which is a nice option after a full day of work.
Jan 10, 2016
This made my home smell wonderful while it was cooking! I am not a big garlic fan, but I did use some minced garlic when I made this (very little, probably less than a 1/2 tsp.). The recipe was still good. I served this over a cup of linguine pasta and added some salt, pepper and extra grated cheese to the top. Delicious!
Jun 22, 2015
I found this to be rather bland. I also couldn't find water-packed artichokes in my store, so used some in brine, but that seemed to work fine. This wasn't bad, just wasn't as flavorful as I hoped.