Roast Chicken Breasts with Peppers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a large dry skillet, toast the fennel, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, garlic powder and oregano over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Cool slightly. Sprinkle over chicken.
- In the same skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 450° for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in the same skillet. Add peppers and shallots; cook and stir over medium heat until crisp-tender.
- Add broth and rosemary, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook for 4-6 minutes or until broth is almost evaporated. Stir in vinegar and remaining salt and pepper. Serve with chicken.
Aug 23, 2016
Nice recipe. Will definitely be making it again.
Aug 26, 2014
This recipe is amazing! I will definitely be making it again. I made it for the first time when I had people over for dinner, and everyone loved it. I really liked how quick the chicken cooked, what with browning it prior to putting it in the oven. The peppers and onions did take longer to cook than the recipe said, though.
Dec 6, 2013
i love to prepare this recipe
Sep 14, 2013
This recipe was so easy to make and it was delicious. I served it with Noodle Rice Pilaf; a real hit with my husband. I will definitely be making this again!
Jan 2, 2013
Very good and easy to make! Will be making this again for sure!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.