Artichoke and Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup onion and garlic salad croutons, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chicken, artichokes, soup, cheese, mayonnaise, milk, garlic, onion powder and pepper. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with croutons. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 614 calories, 41g fat (9g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1085mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 19, 2019
Great casserole! I doubled the recipe and made a couple of adjustments. I omitted the onion powder and used french fried onions instead of croutons for topping since that's what I had on hand. I also threw in some fresh mushrooms because I had some I needed to use. Next time I may try using grated Parmesan instead of shredded for added flavor. You could also add some frozen peas for a little color and crunch! Family loved it!
Apr 28, 2018
I made this casserole for the first time tonight and my husband LOVED it! I used a lower sodium cream of chicken soup and rotisserie chicken. Not at all too salty and didn't need extra. I also used plain panko for the topping and reduced the garlic (husband not a garlic fan). Husband would have enjoyed more artichokes!!
Mar 13, 2017
FABULOUS! I added more artichokes but followed everything else in the recipe. A new mainstay in my home. 10 STARS
Nov 20, 2016
Sounded good but was pretty bland.
Nov 10, 2015
I don't normally give recipes a full 5 stars but this one deserves it! This casserole defines comfort food. I was impressed with the ease of preparing the casserole. I didn't have bow tie pasta so I used another and I think I would have been even happier with bow tie as recommended for the recipe. It was very creamy but not too rich. I did use a little less parm cheese due to my own preference.
Mar 1, 2015
My family loves this recipe! Instead of croutons, I use French fried onion - delish!
Jan 18, 2015
Lighten up a bit with low fat soup, 1/2 c low fat mayo and 1/2 c of light sour cream.
Jan 3, 2015
Love this! However, after reading the nutritional info I may substitute low fat low sodium soup, whole wheat pasta and greek yogurt to help lighten it up.
Aug 27, 2014
One of my family's favorite recipes. Works great as a freezer meal too.
Mar 16, 2014
I made a few alterations; added a can of mushroom stems and pieces, cooked boneless chicken breast with a Creole seasoning rub, and used shredded Asiago instead of Parmesan. The result was a very good casserole.