Artichoke Chicken Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix flour, wine and broth until smooth. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Stir in artichoke hearts, salt, oregano and flour mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add fettuccine, chicken and parsley; heat through, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 378 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 27, 2018
This was pretty good. I added yellow squash and diced roasted red peppers instead of the tomatoes. I also had half a lemon in the fridge that I squeezed over everything right before serving and sprinkled on some Parmesan cheese.
Oct 3, 2017
Both hubby and I really enjoyed my adjustments to this awesome recipe. I used spaghetti squash spaghetti in place of the fettuccine because my husband is allergic to wheat and I'm allergic to his gluten-free pasta, and it's a healthier choice. I had a bit of broth to use up so I used all of it, which was about 3/4 cup.Because of the allergies, I used tapioca flour (starch) but it doesn't act quite the same as flour or cornstarch so I heated the broth while I started the veggies. I started with the broccoli, then added sliced and quartered cucumber instead of mushrooms, garlic and artichoke hearts. When the broth was really hot, I combined 1 tablespoon of tapioca with about 1/2 tablespoon of water then added that mixture to the broth and stirred a bit. It thickens within a few seconds. Then I added the seasonings, tomatoes and thickened broth to the veggies. I arranged the chicken, , which I had lightly coated with "Johnnies Garlic Spread and Seasoning" and baked in the oven, over the top of the other ingredients. I, like others, used more veggies because they're so yummy. and I also used more oregano. It tasted amazing and so full of flavor from fresh home grown veggies. I was enjoying the aroma so much I actually forgot the cheese. I might try to remember next time. Also look forward to trying with butternut squash or sweet potato fettuccine. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for this great recipe. :)
Sep 6, 2017
My family loved this dish! My husband had a great idea of substituting sun dried tomatoes for the cherry tomatoes. I'm going to try it next time!
Oct 16, 2016
It could use a little more 'sauce'. I would probably add more tomatoes for color as well.
Sep 5, 2016
Mar 20, 2016
I prepared the recipe with no variations. I used a good Chardonnay wine. The dish tasted fine, but was very bland.
Mar 13, 2016
I always try to read the reviews before trying a new recipe, and I am glad I did... I totally omitted the tomatoes. This was easy to cut down to serve just two. The artichokes I used were the marinated variety, and I think that added more flavor. I can see this recipe being good with shrimp as well as the chicken it calls for. As a field editor, I am happy to give this recipe four stars.
Feb 20, 2016
Didn't like the tomatoes in the dish as the skins peeled off. Next time will try can of diced tomatoes with roasted garlic or Italian herbs or roasted red bell peppers. I liked the review using cream of chicken soup with herbs. Will be trying that.
Dec 12, 2015
It's an excellent dish. I add more veggies than called for just because it's easy to do. I don't understand why it calls for the tomatoes to be added so early - they just turn to mush. Otherwise, super tasty and satisfying.
Oct 29, 2015
I used spinach fertilize and increased the vegetables. It was delicious and healthy. Thank you for the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.