Chicken Zucchini Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix and butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add the zucchini, chicken, soup, carrot, onion and sour cream to the remaining stuffing mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° until golden brown and bubbly, 40-45 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 481 calories, 31g fat (18g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 1174mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Mar 26, 2020
My brother-in-law is not a fan of zucchini but agreed to join us for dinner to try this dish. This dish was a hit in my house that my brother-in-law wants me to make this dish again soon!
Mar 9, 2020
you can use gluten free stuffing mix Trader Joes makes one that is really good i buy up a bunch around thanksgiving and store in freezer i am always making my mom gluten free dressing and squash casserole with it
Jan 12, 2020
Stuffing mix IS NOT gluten free TOH!
Dec 22, 2019
Make this all the time but without the chicken!
Nov 9, 2019
Comfort food at its best! The whole family loved this easy to whip up casserole!
Oct 3, 2019
Very nice recipe. Do feel it needs a bit more moisture so used 1 cup of chicken gravy instead of sour cream along with the soup. That helped a lot for my family's preferences. I did use the country style stuffing mix (cubed) so that could have been the reason. Overall a great way to make a casserole.
Aug 25, 2019
Aug 19, 2019
Very good as written.
Aug 15, 2019
This is a 10 star dish! I added a small red bell pepper diced. I partially precooked the onion, bell pepper, zucchini and carrots. I added chopped pimento to the soup mixture. The last 10 min of baking, I sprinkled french fried onions on top. Wow!!
Aug 8, 2019
Great recipe! I used a rotisserie chicken