Chicken and Artichoke Fettuccine Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the milk, cream cheese and salt to skillet; cook and stir until smooth. Stir in the artichoke hearts, red pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain fettuccine. Stir in sauce and chicken; heat through. Sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 527 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein.
Jan 4, 2017
My family loved this recipe. I used Rotini pasta and frozen artichokes, both still worked and tasted great!
May 24, 2014
My daughter and I made this and we used reduced fat cream cheese. It was very good and easy. We'll definitely make this again!
Apr 21, 2013
very good and very easy;)
Apr 20, 2013
Loved this one, I'm always trying to find new ways to use artichokes. I love them. I always use the fresh whenever possible. I love to deep fry the fronds and eat them like chips.
Apr 17, 2013
Could this be made with skim milk and fat free cream cheese? Just wondering if it would change the sauce consistency or not.
Apr 17, 2013
I had completely forgotten about this recipe and we loved it before. I have everything on hand except I have a little jar of artichokes which I'll rinse off to use. Almost everything in this recipe is either low sodium or can easily be substituted. I can't wait!