Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth or 1 cup broth and 1 cup dry white wine
- Hot cooked noodles
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. Remove chicken to an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange artichokes and mushrooms on top of chicken; set aside.
- Saute onion in pan juices until crisp-tender. Combine the flour, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir into pan until blended. Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° until a thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 165°, about 40 minutes. Serve with noodles and sprinkle with parsley.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in the chicken to read 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 232 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 752mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 31, 2019
My 3-star rating applies ONLY to the recipe as written -- I give this an enthusiastic FIVE STARS once you add crushed garlic (fwiw: Trader Joe's frozen cubes are E-A-S-Y), some drained capers (large or small), as well as sliced sun-dried tomatoes in oil.
Jun 24, 2017
The flavors of this remind me of good holiday eatin!
Apr 8, 2013
Delicious! Even for leftovers!
Mar 3, 2013
It was impossible that this dish was rated a 4.5 stars. The taste was awful and required a boost. My children and husband didn't care for it and neither did myself. It needed flabor and color. Sorry.
Aug 30, 2012
The nutritional information does NOT include the noodles.Hope this helps.
Aug 30, 2012
Does the nutritional information include the hot noodles? The calorie and carb count seem rather low. The nutritional info should specify that this is without the noodles. I am diabetic and I am skeptical of the nutritional info. Not withstanding the recipe has wonderful flavors and I served the noodles on the side for everybody else. I did not feel deprived-- the chicken was still excellent.
Aug 23, 2012
My husband and little brother loved this recipe, so did I. It smells just like it tastes! I wouldn't change a thing.
Jun 23, 2012
We enjoyed this, but I felt like the gravy was missing something...maybe add some red pepper flakes like a previous reviewer mentioned. Definitely like it better when you have chicken, mushroom and artichoke all in one bite!
Apr 7, 2012
I used fresh mushrooms and 1/2 the chicken. We loved it, especially the gravy.
Jan 19, 2012
This dish is fairly simple to put together and very tasty. I served it to some friends who basically eat 'plain food' and they really enjoyed it.