Pancetta and Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 slices pancetta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp; drain on paper towels.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot; cook and stir until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms; cook until tender, 1-2 minutes. Add 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread each with 2 tablespoons pesto; layer with one slice pancetta and a fourth of the mushroom mixture. Fold chicken in half, enclosing filling; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, 30-35 minutes. Discard toothpicks before serving.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed chicken breast half: 420 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1013mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 5, 2019
My husband made this after he read the recipe. Easy and it's a keeper.
Nov 20, 2018
We enjoyed the flavor combination. I used Canadian bacon for the pancetta and onion for the shallot.