Risotto with Chicken and Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to a simmer; keep hot. In another large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add rice; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until rice is coated.
- Stir in wine and lemon juice. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; cook and stir until wine mixture is absorbed. Add hot broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, cooking and stirring until broth has been absorbed after each addition, until rice is tender but firm to the bite and risotto is creamy.
- Stir in chicken, cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and remaining butter; heat through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 22 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 981mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 4, 2018
One of the best risottos we’ve ever had! Used all chicken broth instead of adding water to the simmering stock but otherwise did not change a thing. Made it with my teenage daughter after she committed to taking turns stirring for 30-45 minutes while we tag teamed a salad. WELL worth the effort, and she learned how easy a meal can be to prepare, though it might be a little fussy (stirring)!
Jan 18, 2017
Didn't find this to be super easy, as risotto takes pretty much constant stirring, watching, adding more broth, stirring, watching, repeat for half an hour or so. Results were ok, but I won't be making again.
Jan 18, 2017
This was a tasty and easy dish. I was worried that it wouldn't be that flavorful, so I did add some spices. I used bone broth instead of water and heated the two broths with a tablespoon of rosemary and a bay leave. I sauted chopped garlic with the onions and mushrooms. I also I added a teaspoon of poultry seasoning and two teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce to the rice before adding the wine. It turned out really yummy and flavorful.
Jan 14, 2017
OK. I would say just average. Also, for time it takes to get rice to risotto consistency not really worth it. Maybe I missed something.
Sep 24, 2016
This was super easy to make and really delicious - love the Portobello and rotisserie chicken - family loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.