Mushroom Chicken Alfredo
All you need is one skillet to make this delicious scaled-down dinner from Margery Bryan of Moses Lake, Washington. It's an easy way to dress up packaged noodles and sauce, plus clean-up is a breeze.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (4.4 ounces) quick-cooking noodles and Alfredo sauce mix
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in butter for 6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Stir in water and milk; bring to a boil. Stir in contents of noodles and sauce mix; boil for 8 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 317 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Chicken Alfredo in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007
Jun 10, 2017
I love anything with mushrooms and this was a hit - easy and really good.
Jun 28, 2011
The kids love it and its easy
Apr 22, 2010
My husband didn't particularly care for this dish. However, my 3-year-old ate it better than most super dishes!