Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine or additional broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small saucepan, heat broth and water and keep warm. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the celery, carrots and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add the rice, shallots and garlic; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add heated broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.) Remove from the heat; add Parmesan cheese and green onions. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Spritz mushrooms with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fill each with 1 cup risotto mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 380 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 20, 2013
For a recipe that was thrown together at the last minute, this is absolutely fantastic! I used koshihikari (sweet sushi rice) and subbed green onion for the shallots (because that's what I had on hand), and the dish turned out amazing! Every one of my dinner guests asked for the recipe!
Jun 3, 2013
This took a bit of time, but this was one of the most delicious rissotto dishes I've ever had! Restaurant qualty!!!