Beef Filets with Portobello Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, optional
- Place a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; brown steaks on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Add mushrooms and wine to pan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, 2-3 minutes. Mix flour and broth until smooth; stir into pan. Stir in all remaining ingredients except chives; bring to a boil.
- Return steaks to pan; cook, uncovered, until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 1-2 minutes per side. If desired, sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with 1/3 cup sauce: 247 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Jul 20, 2016
Full of flavor. I tripled the recipe to feed the whole family and it turned out great.
Feb 14, 2016
I made this for our Valentines dinner tonight. Very very good. So easy too!
Dec 26, 2014
So easy to make and so delicious!
May 27, 2014
This recipe is definitely a keeper. Very easy and tasty.
Apr 26, 2014
It was delicious! I loved the addition of mushrooms.
Jun 17, 2013
The sauce is really good.
Oct 2, 2011
Sep 12, 2011
Apr 19, 2011
I wanted to start cooking more beef recipies,and I loved this one! I have made it several times!
Feb 18, 2011
I just made this for our Valentine's Day dinner - delicious and easy!