Grilled Portobellos with Mozzarella Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (4 to 4-1/2 inches), stems removed
- Cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and chill until serving.
- Spritz mushrooms with cooking spray. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill mushrooms, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until tender. Spoon 1/2 cup tomato mixture into each mushroom cap.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 133 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 16, 2014
These were quite good.....And I don't even like mushrooms! I will make them again.
Jul 23, 2013
This was absolutely delicious!!!!!!!
Jun 5, 2012
i cant wait to make these but im gonna use cilantro in place of the basil not a big fan of basil also gonna rub the muchrooms with olive oil instead of spraying although u can use olive oil spray or canola instead of vegetable just healthier thanks for the awesome recipe
Jul 19, 2011
I absolutely loved this recipe. The only change I made was using 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
Sep 16, 2010
I didn't want to fire up the grill, so I broiled them for 4 minutes, turned them over, added the filling and broiled for another 3 minutes. It melted the cheese and brought out the sweetness of the tomatoes. It was awesome!
Aug 24, 2010
Can't wait to try. Just wanted to say olive oil does come as a cooking spray, if you desire to buy it that way. As does canola, for those who consider it safe.
Aug 11, 2010
I just tried this and it was amazing! I sprayed the broiler with the cooking spray instead of the mushroom, added chopped cilantro and light balsalmic vinegar dressing. Made a wonderful lunch1
Aug 4, 2010
Cooking spray? Really? We can't think of a healthier way to grill these portobellos? How about a quick brush, spritz or even a drizzle of olive oil?
Aug 4, 2010
Absolutely delicious! The cheese starts to melt and the flavors just meld together! Such a simple delightful recipe.
Aug 3, 2010
This is really good! The only thing I did was I placed all the other items on the mushrooms when I was cooking them and I did not turn them over. This was great!!!