Grilled Chorizo and Shrimp Paella
This shrimp paella recipe is not only healthy but satisfying, too! There's vitamin C from the sweet red pepper, fiber from the rice, and the chicken sausage is a great source of lean protein. — Daniel Bartholomay, Fargo, North Dakota
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups instant brown rice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads or 4 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage or flavor of your choice, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium mango, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Editor's Note: If you do not have a grill wok or basket, use a disposable foil pan. Poke holes in the bottom of the pan with a meat fork to allow liquid to drain.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 388 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 787mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Al Fresco Chipotle Chorizo and Shrimp Paella in Fast Track 2019