Grilled Chicken and Mixed Greens Salad
Finding foods that my husband will eat is sometimes a challenge. I came up with this salad in an effort to duplicate one of his favorite restaurant dishes. He ate very bite!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, julienned
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Oil and vinegar salad dressing, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Add chicken strips; seal bag and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- To serve, arrange greens on four serving plates; top with tomatoes, pineapple, onions and warm chicken. Drizzle with dressing if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 383 calories, 9g fat (0 saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 58g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook
Mar 27, 2013
This was delicious!
Mar 31, 2011
The marinade made the chicken very moist and gave it wonderful flavor. With the pineapples in the salad it didn't need any dressing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.