Chicken & Apple Salad with Greens
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 10 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Add chicken, apples and onion; toss to coat. Just before serving, place greens on a large serving plate; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 306 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 549mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
May 3, 2017
Eh. I like the mixture of chicken and apples but the dressing wasn't as flavorful as I would have liked. Don't think I'll be making this again.
Mar 21, 2016
Best part is the dressing
Dec 9, 2015
Wow! Loads of flavour. Tasted like nothing I've had before. We're having it again tonight. The vinaigrette is addictive. Mine came out a lot darker so I'll add a little more chicken next time.
Sep 5, 2015
I like the mixture of apples and chicken. I wanted to use the dressing I already had which was poppy-seed. The next time I will use the balsamic dressing.
Aug 26, 2015
Not only delicious, but healthy too!
Jan 9, 2014
Love, love it. I have eaten this salad three days straight and want some more
Jul 18, 2013
Made this last week sometime for supper. Loved it! I halved the recipe, but used the same amount of chicken (2 cups.) The curry powder in the vinaigrette was a nice addition & the apples gave the salad a nice crunch. Nice for a summer meal, will definitely make again! Also- very quick to make supper- that scores a point with me. :)
Jul 15, 2013
Loved the vinaigrette dressing. Great salad!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.