Chicken, Nectarine and Avocado Salad
This salad is really summery and comes together very quickly. Using granola adds crunch and makes it different. I've tried using a various types of granola, and our favorites have been those that aren't overly sweet but have lots of nuts. —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 2 medium nectarines, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup granola with fruit and nuts
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, nectarines, chicken and feta. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Top with avocado and granola. Serve immediately.
*I generally use this with leftover rotisserie chicken, but I also sometimes grill up a bunch of chicken just to use for things like this salad. Either one is great!
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 561 calories, 32g fat (7g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 539mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 7g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Chicken, Nectarine, and Avocado Salad in Cook It Quick