Shrimp & Nectarine Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium nectarines, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, vinegar, mustard and honey until blended. Stir in tarragon.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add corn; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- Sprinkle shrimp with lemon pepper and salt. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in corn.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Drizzle with 1/3 cup dressing and toss to coat. Divide mixture among four plates. Top with shrimp mixture; drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 252 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Jul 29, 2019
I really enjoyed this salad and so did my two male guests. I will definitely make it again. The only thing I will change is the red onions. They were just too strong or too sharp for this salad. I will use sweet onions next time, but I will miss the color that the red added. No biggie, though, as there is plenty of color in this salad. Thanks for the recipe.
Jul 2, 2019
Thanks! It's very helpful. I stress on the point that when on a new diet, a daily plan is very important Without it it’s too easy to fall for peer pressure, to be unprepared and to make bad decisions. I was one among those people who had knowledge about what to eat and what not to, but didn't have a daily plan to carry me through that critical first month until I came across something called as 28-Day Keto challenge. It's more than a plan, a challenge which guided me every step of my way. Their guidance helped me a lot and now I feel a sense of accomplishment. I notice my skin and hair improve and even can sleep better now. I lost a lot of weight too and I now have that energy which I haven't felt in years. I very strongly recommend you this. Visit https://bit.ly/2X8zIgv
Jun 20, 2018
This salad is AMAZING!! Thank you Ms/Mrs. Lee for sharing this recipe. My family loved it. Made a great Father's Day salad.
Apr 3, 2018
I think they forgot the tangerines
Aug 4, 2016
Easter and Dessert salads are very good
Sep 5, 2015
Excellent and easy. When I make it next time, I will add a little of the dressing to the cooked shrimp. The dressing is delicious and I was thankful to be able to use some of the tarragon from my herb garden. Thank you for this recipe.
Aug 31, 2015
Fixed this for majong ladies and everyone loved it.
Jul 30, 2015
I've already made this a second time! I love it! I did make a couple of adjustments. I grilled the nectarines along with the corn. I added some garlic powder, ground pepper, mustard powder, and 1/4 tsp. of salt to the dressing. I also squeezed a fresh lemon over the shrimp as a lemon-pepper substitute. Oh! I also added crumbled feta cheese as a topping! Delicious!
Jun 30, 2015
A very good salad that's great for a hot summer's day, but needed a little tweaking to make it just perfect! I marinated the shrimp in olive oil, lime juice and lemon pepper. I also opted to grill the shrimp and the corn to add a little more flavor. I also added chopped avocado, and it was yummy!
Jun 2, 2015
This salad was a big hit with the fam. Loved the dressing. The only changes I made were to throw in chopped avocado (I had one the was about to go south) and double the amount of dressing. I added a whole bag of Costco shrimp. Absolutely fabulous!