Shrimp & Nectarine Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (26-30 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 medium nectarines, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, vinegar, mustard and honey until blended. Stir in tarragon.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add corn; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- Sprinkle shrimp with lemon pepper and salt. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in corn.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Drizzle with 1/3 cup dressing and toss to coat. Divide mixture among four plates. Top with shrimp mixture; drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 252 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 20, 2018
This salad is AMAZING!! Thank you Ms/Mrs. Lee for sharing this recipe. My family loved it. Made a great Father's Day salad.
Apr 3, 2018
I think they forgot the tangerines
Aug 4, 2016
Easter and Dessert salads are very good
Sep 5, 2015
Excellent and easy. When I make it next time, I will add a little of the dressing to the cooked shrimp. The dressing is delicious and I was thankful to be able to use some of the tarragon from my herb garden. Thank you for this recipe.
Aug 31, 2015
Fixed this for majong ladies and everyone loved it.
Jul 30, 2015
I've already made this a second time! I love it! I did make a couple of adjustments. I grilled the nectarines along with the corn. I added some garlic powder, ground pepper, mustard powder, and 1/4 tsp. of salt to the dressing. I also squeezed a fresh lemon over the shrimp as a lemon-pepper substitute. Oh! I also added crumbled feta cheese as a topping! Delicious!
Jun 30, 2015
A very good salad that's great for a hot summer's day, but needed a little tweaking to make it just perfect! I marinated the shrimp in olive oil, lime juice and lemon pepper. I also opted to grill the shrimp and the corn to add a little more flavor. I also added chopped avocado, and it was yummy!
Jun 2, 2015
This salad was a big hit with the fam. Loved the dressing. The only changes I made were to throw in chopped avocado (I had one the was about to go south) and double the amount of dressing. I added a whole bag of Costco shrimp. Absolutely fabulous!
May 26, 2015
Good. Very light. Left out the tarragon. I thought it could have used a bit more salt once the whole salad was assembled. Also, I would use much more shrimp, possibly double, to feed four adults a meal. My three kids had four shrimp between them (they don't like shrimp anyway) and my husband and I had barely enough. Will make again though!
May 26, 2015
Excellent to the 10th degree! Wow! What a great summer salad! I grilled the shrimp and corn and added a chopped, seeded cucumber. The tangy nectarine paired well with the other veggies. The tarragon and orange juice were a great blend and I was impressed that it emulsified without the oil! I doubled the dressing as suggested on FB. We had it with a multi-grain French bread. Half is eaten; looking forward to the leftovers!!! Thank you Mary Ann.