Shrimp Salad with Vinaigrette
"This is a wonderful light main dish to serve when you aren't in the mood for a heavy meal," suggests Lisa Casey of Roanoke, Virginia. "I love the fresh seafood flavor and hint of citrus in the dressing."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 5 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 5 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, sugar and orange zest. Whisk in oil; set aside. Cut oranges into 1/2-in. slices; cut slices into quarters. Add oranges, shrimp and pimientos to dressing; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, toss the shrimp mixture with lettuces and onions.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 174 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Shrimp Salad with Vinaigrette in Light & Tasty Premiere 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.