Shrimp Cobb Salad
This shrimp cobb salad is quite healthy. I often use a grill pan, but you can simply saute, too. Feel free to use any greens you like. — Nicholas Monfre, Hudson, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 pieces bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup slices red onion
- Toss shrimp with oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; refrigerate, covered, 15 minutes. Mix dressing ingredients, mashing cheese with a fork. Place greens on a platter; arrange remaining ingredients over top.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat until pink, 2-3 minutes per side. Place over salad. Serve with dressing.