Shrimp Romaine Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups orange segments
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, romaine, oranges, tomatoes and onion. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the orange juice concentrate, vinegar, oil, tarragon, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Set aside 4 teaspoons. Pour remaining dressing over rice mixture and toss to coat. Divide among four plates; top with shrimp. Drizzle with reserved dressing.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 301 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Jun 8, 2011
OMG, this recipe is a 10! My husband and I loved it so much, we couldn't wait to have another serving the next day for lunch! It makes a beautiful plate and if you leave the shrimp on the side, it keeps very well in the refrigerator. The dressing is what really makes the dish, it is to die for!Thanks so much for putting this in your cook book, love it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.