Shrimp Scampi Spinach Salad
My husband and I really enjoy both shrimp scampi and fresh spinach salad, so I put the two together. My oldest son loves it, too, and he's only 3! —Jamie Porter, Garnett, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Lemon halves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; saute shrimp and garlic until shrimp turn pink, 3-4 minutes. Stir in parsley; remove from heat.
- To serve, place spinach and tomatoes in a serving dish; top with shrimp mixture. Squeeze lemon juice over salad; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with almonds and, if desired, cheese.
Editor’s Note: To toast nuts, cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.