Watermelon Shrimp Salad
Sweet, spicy and easy to make, this salad travels well in a cooler to picnics and summer gatherings. I love the combination of flavors, the colorful presentation, and of course, I love to see the happy faces of my guests once they've tried it. —Judy Batson, Tampa, Florida
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 10 cups)
- 1 medium honeydew melon, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound)
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 small navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Whisk together remaining ingredients. Drizzle over shrimp mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes before serving. Toss before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 309 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Watermelon & Shrimp Salad in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.