Watermelon and Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep: 40 min.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1-1/2 pounds yellow tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 5 medium)
- 1-1/2 pounds red tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 5 medium)
- 2 sweet onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- For dressing, place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until pureed.
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, tomatoes, onions and cilantro. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 102 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Jul 13, 2012
This was a good snack/side dish. Although I made a few tweaks to it that I recommend. Instead of lime juice I used lemon juice. Instead of yellow tomatoes I used yellow sweet bell peppers. I also did not use any onions simply because I dont care for them. I would recommend using only 1 tablespoon of olive oil though, 2 seemed like too much to me.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.