Minty Watermelon Salad
My four year old twin grandchildren love to cook and create in the kitchen with me. Last summer, the three of us were experimenting with watermelon and cheese and that's where this recipe began. It's ideal for neighborhood gatherings and picnics, or as a healthy snack on a hot summer day. —Gwendolyn Vetter, Rogers, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced pickled onions
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 45 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Minty Watermelon Salad in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.