Minted Cucumber Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 large cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Add to cucumber mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 113 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Apr 1, 2014
Have been hearing/reading about all the benefits of cucumbers and so happy to find this recipe. Very easy, quick and refreshing salad! I used dried parsley and mint. It's probably even better with fresh ingredients. This would be easy to prepare ahead of time to take to potlucks, etc., and nothing would wilt or turn colors. A great light dish for hot weather! Thanks for sharing!
Jun 27, 2013
Quick and easy with all ingredients from my yard and pantry. Yum!
May 17, 2012
What a suprise this salad was! The flavors blended wonderfully but no one flavor overpowered the other. Very refreshing & tasty. I liked the combo of the mint, parsely and lemon. Perfect compliment to the Sizzle & Smoke Flat Iron Steaks.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.