Minted Fruit Salad
Filled with the season’s best and freshest fruit, this salad shouts, “summer.” The hint of mint adds a refreshing note to the colorful compote.—Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups cantaloupe balls
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, honey, ginger and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup. Remove from the heat. Cool.
- In a serving bowl, combine the cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries and mint. Drizzle with cooled apple juice mixture; gently toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 113 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Fruit and Berry Compote in Country Woman Magazine 2012 - Released to WEB
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.