Tangy Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 medium apples or pears, cut into chunks
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup orange breakfast drink mix
- Drain pineapple juice into a small bowl; set aside. In a large serving bowl, combine the pineapple, fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges, bananas, apples and strawberries if desired.
- Whisk the pudding mix and drink mix into the reserved pineapple juice. Fold into fruit mixture. Refrigerate before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 221 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 23, 2017
Very easy! I think I will decrease the Tang just a tad next time.
Dec 12, 2015
YUM!! I did not like the combination of the Tang/pineapple juice, so I omitted it, but everything else was great!
Apr 16, 2015
So good as a side dish served on a bed of lettuce or a light dessert with Cool Whip tipping.
Jun 11, 2013
This was a hit at the shower I attended. Quite a few ladies asked me for the recipe. My one friend said she would have cut back a little on the Tang. I will make it again for sure. Simple and tasty is what I like about a recipe.
Feb 9, 2010
This was one of the first fruit salads I ever made and have been making it ever since. My husbands family would be very upset if I didn't bring it to our Christmas Eve celebration! My niece liked it so much she made if for her wedding reception. I usually use one red and one green apple along with a pear too. I always use the strawberries if they are available at my store.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.