Fruity Rainbow Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sliced nectarines
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a bowl, combine the pineapple, strawberries, grapes, oranges, blueberries and nectarines.
- In another bowl, combine the lemon juice, honey, nutmeg and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over fruit; mix gently. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 117 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 28, 2012
This is my favorite fruit salad recipe...I've made it many times! I've also added different fruits, such as watermelon. When i brought it to my mom's group both the moms and kids LOVED it! If any is left over, after a few days it will lose it's perkiness....so my husband has made it into a wonderful Sangria. I also thought it would be good to make into chunky popscicles for the kids:)
Feb 18, 2009
Using 1/8 cup oj & 1/8 cup lemon juice with honey...no nutmeg