Cool and Creamy Fruit Salad
My mom found this recipe in a magazine 25 years ago, and my family has been enjoying it ever since. I refrigerate it overnight before serving. It looks especially pretty in a trifle dish. —Susan Schiller, Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches, thawed
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon zest and juice until blended. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Layer fruit in a 2-qt. glass bowl; spread cream cheese mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, until serving or up to 24 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans.
Originally published as Cool and Creamy Fruit Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.