Cool and Creamy Fruit Salad
My mom found this recipe in a magazine 25 years ago, and my family has been enjoying it ever since. I refrigerate it overnight before serving. It looks especially pretty in a trifle dish. —Susan Schiller, Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peeled peaches, thawed
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, lemon zest and juice until blended. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Layer fruit in a 2-qt. glass bowl; spread cream cheese mixture over top. Refrigerate, covered, until serving or up to 24 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans.