Easy Festive Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) pears, drained and chopped
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 large unpeeled apples, chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and flour; stir in reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the oranges, pears, kiwi, apples, pecans and reserved pineapple. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 161 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
May 7, 2017
You can use just about any kind of fruit with the yummy dressing!!
Nov 27, 2013
I LOVE this recipe!! The only changes I make----I use fresh pears and also add strawberries, blueberries, and grapes!! The combinations are endless. I especially enjoy using honey crisp apples. Thank you, Julianne Johnson!!!
Dec 8, 2010
It was in November of 2003 while I was pregnant with my first child and my nesting instincts were in full force that I first found this recipe. I am writing to say...it has been enthusiastically requested every fall since. I love this recipe!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.