Simple Marshmallow Fruit Salad
For a taste of summer sunshine, Marana, Arizona’s Marian Bauerle whips up this quick, refreshing salad. “It’s pretty enough to double as a dessert,” she notes. “Peach yogurt and coconut really dress up the canned fruit cocktail.” TIP: LEFTOVER MINI MARSHMALLOWS CAN BE ADDED TO HOMEMADE TRAIL MIX OR A BOWL OF CEREAL OR USED AS A TOPPING FOR A BAKED SWEET POTATO ALONG WITH BUTTER AND CINNAMON.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 medium firm banana, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup peach yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 maraschino cherries, optional
- In a bowl, combine the fruit cocktail, banana and marshmallows. Combine yogurt and mayonnaise until blended; add to fruit mixture and stir to coat. Spoon into individual dishes; top with coconut and a cherry if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 258 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Fruit Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.